Friday, December 9, 2011

Footlocker 2011

Seriously the best time of my life! I had a lot of fun, no doubt! It was a long bus ride but as soon as we got there it was no regret!

Some bad quality panorama shots of our hotel room... we were kind of bored. Are room was kind of ghetto, juss sayin'!

We went on a run that night an hour after we ate. Lets just say I will never think of Panda Express the same, EVER AGAIN!

More from the hotel room:
This sign makes me worried. Will someone please explain it to me!?

We had a lot of food!

Just chillin'!
The next day we went to the course to pick up our packets and get familiar with the course. Let me tell you this course is killer! The first mile is pretty chill, but right after you have got switchbacks sent from H-E-double hockey sticks! Then you have a downhill that pounds your knees! Following that is "Poop Out Hill" it is called that because you really do poop out. Next is a small down hill before you are going uphill AGAIN! This hill isn't to bad but since it is about 2.5 miles into the race you are about dead. Then it was downhill from there. Tough course, but despite the difficultness it is really fun. Honestly, I am a hill person. I LOVE hills. Weird... I know. 

After that we headed to the Museum of Tolerance. All I can say is wow! I learned so much and trust me this isn't a happy museum.

Following that note we went to the beach. It was freezing and I wasn't really dressed in the right attire. We paid for overpriced pasta and then wondered around the pier. There was a carousel so we just had to go on it!
The Pier!
We had fun at the arcade and spending seven dollars to earn tickets to then buy the most hideous stuffed animal duck EVER! Actually I don't even know if it can even be classified as a duck!

Pictures of the beach:

After a long day we went back to the hotel. I was exhausted so I basically passed out the second I got into bed! We woke up at 5:30 to get on the bus and get to the race. The nerves were hitting me. I knew this race would be hard and not my best time (hardest course I have ever ran!) I was determined to do my best and I did. Sure I pulled my hamstring during the first mile, but I did make it in 25:36. Not bad in my opinion!

We hit the bus and headed home. I will definitely remember that weekend!


p.s. I used Pixlr to edit my photos. Definitely go check this place out!


No comments:

Post a Comment